Hard water is a common quality of water which contains dissolved compounds of calcium and magnesium and sometimes, other metallic elements.
Hardness prevents soap from lathering by causing the development of an insoluble curdy precipitate in the water; hardness typically causes the buildup of hardness scale (such as seen in cooking pans). Dissolved calcium and magnesium salts are primarily responsible for most scaling in pipes and water heaters and cause numerous problems in laundry, kitchen, and bath.
Symptoms of hard water:
- Stiff, dingy laundry
- Mineral deposits on dishes and glassware
- High soap usage & need for fabric softeners
- Dry, itchy skin and scalp
- Unmanageable hair
- Extra work to remove soap curd on bathtubs & shower stalls
- High energy costs, possibly due to scale build-up in pipes and on appliances
- Scale build up in sinks, tubs, faucets & appliances
Contact Us today if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms of hard water! Our Free no obligation Water Analysis will help you determine which of our solutions will help with this issue.